Thursday, August 11, 2016

*the* Kitchen Remodel's Inspiration

As in, *the* kitchen I will live with forever. Mainly because I will be paying for it forever. Yes, I know that this is not only an economy makeover, but it will be paid off much sooner than forever. Still, I like to think of my pay-off date as similar to "infinity minus one."

That said, this place has to be freaking amazing.

As much as I like to wing it, you know I have a plan for this thing. Simply put, the plan is on-trend painted cabinets, butcherblock counters, a timeless backsplash, plus an apron front sink! To balance out all the new I'm planning on saving the existing tile floors...at least for now(#apennysaved). As far as the color of the cabinets, I'm planning on doing white uppers and colored lowers plus some open shelving.

If I'm being honest with myself, I know that you'd rather look at inspo pics before reading another word. So take it away, Pinterest:

 
 
 
 
 
So many of the details are still falling into place, but the goal is to create a kitchen that toes the line between trendy and classic. The colored cabinets are obviously the "soooo 2016" piece, but at the end of the day it's just paint. The backsplash, counters, sink, fixtures, and appliances are definitely some of the pieces I hope will last me at least another decade.
 
*fingers crossed*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment